Littelfuse low resistivity SMD series provides a low-cost, low-power consumption circuit protection solution for today's increasingly compact products. This addresses a need in the consumer-driven mobile device market.
The low resistivity SMD (surface-mount device) series is ideal for space-constrained mobile applications. The devices provide both overcurrent and overtemperature protection for battery pack PCMs (protection circuit modules) used in compact consumer devices. In particular, the low rho SMD series helps battery pack suppliers achieve their design goals and simplify their installation methods.
- Device resistance of 10 to 25 milliohms, as compared to the 15 to 30 milliohm industry standard
- Maximum electrical rating: 6 VDC voltage and 50 A short circuit current
- Useful for an operating current of 2 A and above
- All form factors have an R1MAX of 10 to 25 milliohms
- Useful for and packaged for surface mounting on the PCB
- Industry-standard form factor of 1210 (3.0 mm x 2.54 mm; or 0.12 in x 0.10 in) or 1206 (3.0 mm x 1.52 mm; or 0.12 in x 0.06 in)
- Helps save board space and power consumption and costs in space-constrained mobile electronics
- More compact in comparison with similar offerings and are available in an industry-standard form factor
- Can be assembled with a reflowable soldering technique, as opposed to the spot welding process required by many other components
- Mobile and smart phones
- Media players (MP3/MP4)
- Digital still and video cameras
- Mini notebooks