Sanken Electric Co.'s STR-A60xxM series are power ICs for switching power supplies, incorporating a power MOSFET and a current-mode PWM controller IC. Including a start-up circuit and a standby function in the controller, the product achieves low power consumption, low standby power, and high cost-effectiveness power systems with few external components.
The STR-A60xxM internal MOSFET has a VDSS of 650 V, 700 V, and 800 V, and a RDS(on) of 1.9 to 19.2 Ω with a frequency of 67 kHz. Power output is rated at 8 W to 24 W at 230 VAC input, and 5 W to 20 W at wide input range (85 to 265 VAC). This device is provided in an industry-standard DIP-8 package, with pin 6 removed for increased isolation.
- Small DIP8 package with 8 W to 24 W power output at 230 VAC
- Current-mode PWM control with 67 kHz switching frequency
- Built-in Random Switching function, reducing EMI noise, and simplifying EMI filters, and reducing cost
- Built-in Slope Compensation function, avoiding subharmonic oscillation
- Built-in Auto Standby function (input power, pin <25 mW at no load)
- Normal operation: PWM mode
- Light load operation: Standby mode (burst oscillation)
- Built-in Audible Noise Suppression function during Standby mode
- Battery chargers for cell phones, digital camera, video cameras, shavers, emergency lights
- Stand-by power for LCD TVs, desktop PCs, LB printers, audio equipment
- Small switched-mode power supplies for inkjet printers, DVD/CD players, set-top boxes
- Auxiliary power supplies for A/C, refrigerators, washers, dish washers, and other white goods