Vishay/Semiconductor's TFDU4301 is a low profile (2.5 mm) infrared transceiver module. It is compliant to the latest IrDA® physical layer standard for fast infrared data communication, supporting IrDA speeds up to 115.2 kbit/s (SIR) and carrier based remote control. The transceiver module consists of a PIN photodiode, an infrared emitter (IRED), and a low-power control IC to provide a total front-end solution in a single package.
This device covers an extended IrDA low power range of close to 1 m. With an external current control resistor the current can be adjusted for shorter ranges.
The RXD output pulse width is independent of the optical input pulse width and stays always at a fixed pulse width, making the device optimal for standard endecs. TFDU4301 has a tri-state output and is floating in shut-down mode with a weak pull-up.
- Typical remote control range 12 m
- Low power consumption (< typical supply current 70 μA)
- Power shutdown mode (< 1 µA shutdown current in full temperature range, up to 85 °C)
- Surface mount package
- High efficiency emitter
- Tri-state-receiver output, floating in shut down with a weak pull-up
- Extended IrDA low power range to about 70 cm
- Operates from 2.4 V to 5.5 V within specification over full temperature range from - 30 °C to + 85 °C
- Low profile (universal) package capable of surface mount soldering to side and top view orientation
- Compliant with IrDA background light specification
- Compliant to RoHS directive 2002/95/EC and in accordance to WEEE 2002/96/EC
- Ideal for battery operated applications
- Telecommunication products (cellular phones, pagers)
- Digital still and video cameras
- Printers, fax machines, photocopiers, and screen projectors
- Medical and industrial data collection
- Diagnostic systems
- Notebook computers, desktop PCs, palmtop computers (Win CE, Palm PC), PDAs
- Internet TV boxes, video conferencing systems
- External infrared adapters (dongles)
- Data loggers