The BB Valve-Regulated Sealed Lead-Acid Battery (VRLA Battery) is a new type of sealed lead-acid battery system developed by BB Battery. It is a backup battery for portable equipment and office and factory automation. The main types are the BP and the HR series.
The BB VRLA battery has high power density, low self-discharge, and provides high performance while remaining economical to use. In addition to these advantages, the sealed construction eliminates the necessity to fill it with water. Thus, this battery is maintenance free.
- Sealed Construction: BB unique construction and sealing technique ensures that no electrolyte leakage should occur from the terminals or case of any BB battery. This feature provides for safe and efficient operation of BB batteries in any orientation. BB batteries are classified as "Non-Spillage" and meet all requirements of the International Air Transport Association (I.A.T.A. Dangerous Goods Regulations).
- Electrolyte Suspension System: All BB batteries utilize an electrolyte suspension system consisting of a glass fiber separator material. This suspension system helps to achieve maximum service life by fully retaining the electrolyte and preventing its escape from the separator material. No silica gels or other contaminants are used.
- Gas Generation: BB batteries incorporate a unique design that effectively recombines over 99% of the gas generated during normal usage.
- Maintenance Free Operation: During the life of BB batteries, there is no need to check their specific gravity or add water, etc. In fact, there are no provisions for such maintenance functions to be carried out.
- Operation in Any Orientation: The combination of sealed construction and BB's electrolyte suspension system permits operation of BB batteries in any orientation but upside-down position should be avoided in operation and transportation. Battery will not lose its capacity, electrolyte, or service life under any orientation.
- Heavy Duty Grids: The heavy duty lead calcium alloy grids in BB batteries provide an extra margin of performance and service life in both float and cyclic applications, even in conditions of deep discharge.
- Cyclic Service Life: Depending on the average depth of discharge, over 500 discharge/recharge cycles (50% - 70% D.O.D.) can be expected from BB batteries.
- Float Service Life: The expected service life of BB batteries used in standby applications is typically 5 years; however, experience has shown that their service life often exceeds 6 years, if the BB batteries are operated strictly within specification.
- Low Self Discharge - Long Shelf Life: At temperatures of between 20 and 25ºC, the self discharge rate of BB batteries per month is approximately 3% of their rated capacity. This low self-discharge rate permits storage for up to six months without any appreciable deterioration of battery performance.
- Operating Temperature Range: BB batteries can be used over a broad range of ambient temperatures, allowing considerable flexibility in system design and location.
- High Recovery Capability: BB batteries have excellent charge acceptance and recovery capability, even after very deep discharge.
- Quality Assurance: Our China manufacturing plant now has Quality Assurance Standard ISO 9001.
- Low Pressure Venting System: BB batteries are equipped with a safe, low pressure venting system, which is designed to release excess gas and reseal automatically in the event of the internal gas pressure rising to an unacceptable level. This low pressure venting system, coupled with the significantly high recombination efficiency, make BB batteries some of the safest valve regulated lead-acid batteries available.
- Alarm Systems
- Cable Television
- Communications Equipment
- Control Equipment
- Electronic Cash Registers
- Electronic Test Equipment
- Emergency Lighting Systems
- Fire and Security Systems
- Geophysical Equipment
- Marine Equipment
- Medical Equipment
- Microprocessor Based Office Machines
- Portable Cine and Video Lights
- Power Tools
- Solar Powered Systems
- Telecommunication Systems
- Television and Video Recorders
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies
- Vending Machines