Bluetooth Low Energy Made Easy
- The Cypress CY8CKIT-042-BLE development kit supports system-level designs using PSoC Creator which includes numerous example projects to enable Bluetooth Low Energy mixed-signal embedded designs.
- The Bluetooth Low Energy v4.1 specification has been abstracted into the new Bluetooth Smart Component in PSoC Creator, allowing for easy drag-and-drop designs.
- The development kit has been designed to allow for maximum design flexibility enabling Arduino shields hardware compatibility and easy-to-use, FCC-certified PSoC 4 BLE and PRoC BLE modules.
Low System Cost
- The CY8CKIT-042-BLE development kit provides users easy access to the new PSoC 4 BLE and PRoC BLE devices, while maintaining the familiar Pioneer kit design footprint.
- The development kit includes a USB BLE dongle that pairs with the CySmart master emulation tool, converting your Windows® PC into a powerful Bluetooth LE debug environment.
- The kit has been designed to allow for easy development at a low cost. The kit design and layout allows for customers to easily develop embedded solutions that require both mixed-signal capabilities and a Bluetooth LE radio.
Lowest System Power
- The CY8CKIT-042-BLE development kit has been designed to allow customers to develop low-power designs.
- The kit provides both power measurement jumpers and a coin cell holder and battery for low-power evaluation.
- The kit allows the user to evaluate lower-power modes in a wide operating voltage range of 1.7 - 5.5 V.
- Cypress' BLE solutions pass Bluetooth SIG qualification process and are now listed on the Bluetooth SIG website as certified solutions.
- Cypress' qualification is modular, allowing greater flexibility to customers.
- A list of Cypress’ Qualified Design IDs (QD ID) are as follows: 63199, 61908, 62243, 62245, 63368, 62887, 63683.
- Please refer to http://www.bluetooth.org for detailed qualification guidelines.
RF Regulatory Certification
- CY8CKIT-142 PSoC 4 BLE and CY5671 PRoC BLE modules are FCC Part 15, Canadian RSS-210 (IC), CE and JRF/TELEC compliant.
- BLE Pioneer baseboard preloaded with CY8CKIT-142 PSoC 4 BLE module
- CY5671 PRoC BLE module
- BLE dongle (CySmart USB dongle)
- Quick-start guide
- USB standard A to mini-B cable
- Four jumper wires (4 inch) and two proximity sensor wires (5 inch)
- Coin cell battery
How to Get Started
- Watch the Bluetooth Low Energy Pioneer Kit video
- Download PSoC Creator
- Buy the Bluetooth Low Energy Pioneer Kit (CY8CKIT-042-BLE) below
- Read the Quick Start Guide
- Watch the PSoC 4 BLE 101 Video Series for tutorials on how to design with PSoC 4 BLE
Note: The CY5671 PRoC BLE Module and CY5670 CySmart USB Dongle may be purchased separately from the BLE Pioneer Kit.
- CY8CKIT-042-BLE Quick Start Guide: http://www.cypress.com/?docID=51381
- CY8CKIT-042-BLE User Guide: http://www.cypress.com/?docID=51311
- CY8CKIT-042-BLE Design Files: http://www.cypress.com/?docID=51379
- Designing Next Gen Bluetooth Low Energy System for the Internet of Things By: Gagan Luthra