Table 8: Temperature and Airflow
Temperature and Airflow Value Notes
Operating temperature (as indicated by the SMART temper-
0°C to 70°C 1
Operating ambient temperature Ambient: 0°C to 35°C 2
Operating airflow 400GB/480GB: 110 LFM at 35°C ambient
All other capacities: 412 LFM at 35°C
Storage temperature –40°C to 85°C
1. If NAND temperature exceeds 80°C, performance will be throttled.
2. Temperature of air impinging on the SSD.
3. Airflow must flow along the length of the drive.
4. Airflow is measured upstream of the drive before any acceleration as the air goes
around the drive.
Table 9: Shock and Vibration
Shock and Vibration Value
Shock (non-operational) 1500G at 0.5ms half-sine
Vibration (non-operational) 3.08 G
1. Shock and vibration ratings refer to ability to withstand stress events only. Prolonged or
repeated exposure to conditions listed or greater stresses may result in permanent dam-
age to the device. Functional operation of the device under these conditions is not im-
plied. See warranty for more information.
7100 U.2 NVMe PCIe SSD
7100_u2_nvme_pcie_ssd.pdf - Rev. G 03/17 EN
Micron Technology, Inc. reserves the right to change products or specifications without notice.
© 2016 Micron Technology, Inc. All rights reserved.